- Why Study MBBS IN GERMANY?
- Germany is one of the desired destinations in the world of studying MBBS. Though the admission process is a bit complicated, it provides world-class education to all international students. MBBS in Germany offers great opportunities to the aspirants.
- Some medical universities provide free education and some don’t. In fact, some of the universities are expensive enough. Studying MBBS in Germany has some pros and cons. All the medical universities in Germany are affiliated with renowned organizations like WHO, MCI, etc. It is a wanted destination among Indian students. Indian medical aspirants have a special interest in MBBS in Germany. For EU students the medical course in Germany is for 6 years and for Non-EU students Mbbs Students, it extends to 7 years. 1 year takes for German language and Studienkolleg, 2 years for preclinical stage, 3 years for clinical stage and the last 1 for practical training.
- EXTRA DETAILS ABOUT GERMANY
Germany has a population of 83,792,142 with an area of 357,386 km/sq. The language is German and the capital city of Germany is Berlin with a literacy rate of 99%. The weather in Germany is standard according to the world climate and is suitable for Indian students. In Germany, the currency is in Euros.
- MBBS IN GERMANY FROM PUBLIC UNIVERSITY
Taking admission to a public university takes a lot of effort. As the public universities give education for free, it is not easy for Indian students. An aspirant will need to score extraordinary in the NEET examination. Also, an A+ for a German entrance test is accepted for free education. A language test is taken. If a student wants to take admission to the best medical university, he has to score 75% at least in the 12th class examination. TOELF and IELTS score is not a must for admission in Germany.
- MBBS IN GERMANY FROM A PRIVATE UNIVERSITY
Private universities in Germany take admission with a basic requirement as the other countries do. A student must be having at least 75% of marks in Physics, chemistry, and biology in intermediate and should have scored passing marks in the NEET examination. Again the German language fluency test is taken as the teaching as to be in the German language. TOEFL AND IELTS are still not compulsory. Though the fee structure is not that relieving, students choose good private universities.
- RECOGNITION OF UNIVERSITIES IN GERMANY
The MBBS universities in Germany are recognized from the best and renowned bodies like:
- WHO (World Health Organisation)
- FAIMER (The Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- Ministry of Education Germany
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- WFME (World Federation of Medical Education)
What is the ADMISSION PROCESS to Study MBBS IN GERMANY?
The students need to fill the application form and enroll themself. The application fee should be paid to avoid rejection of the application. Students need to choose the college and course for a clear vision. After the settlement of expenses, a student must apply for a visa.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MBBS IN GERMANY
- A minimum of 75% marks is required in physics, chemistry, and biology in intermediate. The aspirant should be no less than 17 years of age for application of the form. English subject is important in class 12th.
- The student must appear for the NEET examination. Thereafter, the university entrance test is taken in which an aspirant needs to score well. It is compulsory for the student to know the German language as the medium of teaching is “German”.
- There is a test to mark the students on the basis of German language fluency.
- A student must have an A1 level knowledge of the German language in the home country to apply for a foundation course. Hence, good knowledge of German is a must till c1 level in Germany.
Scores of IELTS and TOELF are not taken into consideration. In case of admission to the best medical university, a student must have scored 75% and above in 12th. He/she must score above 60% in the first year of graduation. A certificate of proof is required.
What are the DOCUMENTS REQUIRED to Study MBBS IN GERMANY?
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Proof of birth date (birth certificate)
- Medical Certificate
- School leaving certificate
- Passport size photo
- Neet Rank Card, If they want to do practice in India.
- Bank receipt
- Official invitation letter from Germany Medical University
- Approval of documents from the German Embassy
What are the ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING MBBS IN GERMANY?
- The capitalization of the fee is not there.
- Decent cost of living.
- Students get offered practical training in government hospitals.
- No college in Germany asks for a donation or extra change.
- The German language is used as a mode of teaching and learning. Though it is a bit difficult as knowing German is one basic need, it is good to have knowledge of another language.
- Good exposure and enhancement is the thing students study medicine in Germany for.
- After completing MBBS from Germany, a student can get a good salary package.
- All the universities are recognized by the NMC, National Medical Commission which is good for Indian students.
- The universities are recognized by the elite bodies of government.
- Students are given comfortable accommodation.
- Indian food can also be provided to Indian students.
- Students get enhanced with their skills and performance.
- Moderate temperature makes it suitable for any student all around the globe.
- The place is beautiful, therefore a large number of Indians opt for MBBS in Germany.
ABOUT STUDIENKOLLEG (Study to MBBS IN GERMANY)
Every EU student needs to meet the required qualification of Germany before MBBS. Usually, the Indian schooling requirement is not at par with the need of a German university before the MBBS course. To compensate for it and to fill the gap of the requirement, a student needs to go for studienkolleg for MBBS in Germany.
Studienkolleg course is mandatory for further admission for a medical course in Germany. It is thus said that the life of a student becomes easier for study in Germany after Studienkolleg.
SOME COURSE SYLLABUS To Study MBBS IN GERMANY?
These are some example of the subject studied in the universities of Germany
- Cellular and molecular biology
- Foreign language
- Medical Pedagogy
- Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Sanogenetics education
- Medical emergencies and surgery
- Hygiene and child abuse
- Infantile surgeries and orthopedics.
- Family planning and sex education
- Ethics, Deontology and legal medicine
- Summer practical
- Molecular pathology
- Public health and forensic medicine
How is the LIFE OF A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL (DOCTOR) IN GERMANY?
The professionals can go for a post graduate course after completion of MBBS in Germany. Medical research works are best in Germany and also has a larger scope all around the globe. The students have a good chance to practice in private hospitals. The best thing about MBBS in Germany is that a professional can work anywhere in the world with the higher salary package. The minimum average salary of a doctor in Germany is 5000 Euro initially per month. With time and practice, the doctors can reach up to 70,000 Euros per annum. Most of the doctors settle with a good career opportunity.
SOME PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES to Study MBBS IN GERMANY:-
- Humbold University of Berlin
- Free University of Berlin
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg
- Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg
SOME GOOD PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES to Study MBBS IN GERMANY:-
- University of Bonn (Bonn)
- Hannover Medical School (Hannover)
- Universitat Hamburg (Hamburg)
- University of Munster (Munster)
- Leipzin University (Leipzig)
- Saarland University (Saarbruecken)
- Ulm University (Ulm)
- University of Rostock (Rostock)
- University of Goettingen (Goettingen)
- RWTH Aachen University (Aachen)
SCHOLARSHIP FOR MBBS IN Germany to get a scholarship for MBBS in Germany, a student needs to be talented and intelligent enough to be granted a fee relief. Outstanding students definitely get good scholarship relief. Scholarship exams are taken separately to test the level of a student. Thereafter, a student is helped with a relief amount according to the test score.
WHAT EXACTLY A STUDIENKOLLEG IS to Study MBBS in Germany?
- When the student’s qualification before MBBS doesn’t meet the requirement in Germany, Studienkolleg becomes the solution to it. The motive of this course is to bring enhancement in the knowledge and skill of an aspirant. The course takes a full academic year which is divided into 4 semesters.
- There are 4 different kinds of courses in Studienkolleg depending upon the course type. These are ‘T-kurs’, ‘M-kurs’, ‘W-kurs’ and ‘G-kurs’. For the student of MBBS, the ‘M-kurs’ is suitable as it consists of German, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
They give uppermost priority to the German language. If a student’s regular course is in English, he/she will be taught in English. But an MBBS student needs to be taught in German as it is a basic requirement for learning. To attend a Studienkolleg, a minimum of B1 or B2 level of knowledge in the German language is required. English or German as languages are used in the course related to a different contexts. This improves the level of understanding the language and proficiency.
IS STUDIENKOLLEG COURSE COMPULSORY?
Yes, it is Mandatory to do a studienkolleg course but it is highly recommended to the students. There are subjects a student needs to have excellent knowledge of. Hence to fulfill it, he/she must have attended the Studienkolleg. One must not prefer to lose the 1-year course to face future difficulties.
HOW TO APPLY FOR STUDIENKOLLEG
First, an aspirant needs to check if the qualification before MBBS meets the expectation of a German university. He/she can opt for the course not listed in the choice of course.
Secondly, he/she needs to find a university of choice which makes the student prepare for the course. There are many universities offering the Studienkolleg in Germany. A student must find a Studienkolleg and course.
Thirdly, a student must have the required documents such as a school leaving certificate, previous grades, curriculum list, language proficiency, and copies of basic documents.
And then, give the entrance exam for Studienkolleg and get the German visa. One must keep in mind that he/she should have at least a B1 or B2 level of German language proficiency in order to get into a Studienkolleg.