DENTIST CAREER IN GERMANY
Study Dentistry in Germany
- Indian Dentist in Germany, When it comes to our oral health, dentists are our number one health professional seeking knowledge and help. They play a vital role in helping us maintain oral hygiene, prevent gum disease, and get a healthy and radiant smile. Like other roles in the medical field, the demand for dentists is growing. Whether you want to become a hygienist, dental surgeon or orthodontist, you will have the opportunity to complete an undergraduate degree in dental science and/or a doctorate in order to build a platform on which to build the knowledge and skills in this field for indian dentist in Germany.
- Germany is one of the most promising higher education countries. It offers dental and medical services at several universities, which are located mainly in large cities such as Berlin and Munich, as well as in smaller cities such as Essen. There are 30 dental schools in Germany. Germany offers program in Dentistry because Dentistry into bachelor’s and master’s degrees. It offers Indian Dentist in Germany. The dental course is eleven semesters (ten semesters + six months). It includes five semesters of the preclinical phase, with a focus on natural sciences, medicine, and dental materials, and students must successfully complete a preliminary dental examination
- Next is the remaining five semesters of clinical research, including lectures, seminars, and hands-on training. Thereafter, further professional training in oral surgery, orthodontics or public health may be required, with a training period of three to four years. This form of training is similar to dental courses in all other countries and ends with a state exam. After completing medical research, students can become Indian Dentist in Germany before applying for the EU Blue Card, which grants professionals the right to work in Germany.
- Germany offers specialization in different fields of Dentistry like Periodontics, Oral-maxillofacial surgery, etc. Normally duration is 3~6 years depends upon the specialization, Dental Professionals get a handsome salary (4000 ~ 6000 Euros/Month) along with enormous knowledge.
- INDIAN DENTIST IN GERMANY 50% 50%
Qualifications, Conditions & Criteria
As stated earlier, candidates have to meet certain stringent criteria and should have a host of important documents to successfully be a dentist.
- EU Blue Card
- EU has multiple work permits for residents and non-residents across the Union. Non-residents need an EU Blue Card to be eligible to work there as a dentist. This immensely respected and sought after the card is exclusively given to highly skilled professionals. This card comes with added benefits, vis-a-vis the ordinary card, one of which is higher remuneration. A significant benefit of this work permit is that visa application from an EU Blue Cardholder is seldom rejected.
- The central government has established authority for documentation’s registration and approval and named Approbationsbehörde. They routinely publish all the documents necessary to apply for a work permit. A professional who wants to work in the German healthcare industry as a dentist must have all the necessary documentation, including but not limited to a recognized medical diploma or and equivalent medical degree certificate, the individual’s birth certificate from a competent authority in his or her country, a valid passport and clearance from police, a conduct certificate that ratifies the individual’s character, referred to as Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung.
- Since unlike the UK, English is not the national language of the country, it is important to remember that whenever you submit these documents, they should be translated in Germany. In this regard, the government has a list of translators that are authorized by the authorities.
- The state justice departments have a database exclusively for interpreters and translators and you can easily find a competent translator there. While submitting, the copies you provide of original documents must be all certified. The Town Hall or any of the authorized offices at a local level or even public notaries can do that job for you
3. License Procedure for becoming a Dentist in Germany
- The highly organized and credible healthcare authorization and licensing structure in Germany are internationally respected. it provides Indian Dentist in germany the federal government has a license called Approbation, which is accreditation from the government. This is the crucial first step for non-EU dentists or fresh graduates in dentistry.
- A curious thing about Germany is the multiple regulations at the federal or central level and at the state levels. They may slightly vary from region to region. Therefore, for any non-EU dentist, the first step is to decide where he or she would like to practice Approbation and then learn about that region’s requirements.
- Fortunately, most of these can be easily found online. Once you figure out your destination, there are numerous agencies you can contact there, including Dental, Medical, or Pharmacist Associations.
- You can apply for Approbation even if you are currently not in Germany, provided you have a relevant degree that’s equivalent to the concerning German qualification. The German Dentistry Act (Zahnheilkundegesetz) provides all the necessary information to learn if your current degree meets German educational criteria. To be eligible for Approbation, you must also have no criminal cases against you, nor have you been found guilty of any character misconduct. You should also be fit enough to practice, and importantly, that you have proficiency in the German language.
- If you are a specialized dentist with further qualifications and clinical experience, there’s another way. You could wish to be recognized as another category, that of specialized professionals. For more information, you could contact the regional association or chamber of dentists in the area you wish to work or the chamber in Berlin
4. The Importance of Learning German
- A candidate needs to take an oral and written exam related to German medical knowledge. Here, the exam lasts for 60 minutes where you have to examine a patient in German to establish his/her medical history. This knowledge exam gives you a permanent right to practice as a dentist in Germany and makes them eligible for “Approbation”. Some language courses are available to help to crack this special exam.
- Once you pass this test, you are given a permanent right to be a practicing dentist in the country and you automatically become eligible for Approbation. There are several courses that one can take to achieve the expected proficiency in German medical language. Interestingly, one doesn’t have to come to Germany to learn the language as there are multiple centers worldwide, the highly reputed Goethe Institute.
- Professional Experience
- One need not be highly experienced to apply to be a dentist in Germany. From a fresher to someone with a year’s experience can apply to practice in the country.
- Age Limit
- Only those between the ages of 20 and 45 can apply.
- Letters of Recommendation and Motivation
- Letters of recommendation would greatly help your case if it’s from a trusted and competent authority. Most candidates carry two or more. Along with that, excellent recommendations and endorsements from institutions and senior figures in your CV will also aid your cause. It’s also mandatory to have a letter of motivation as part of your documents.
Universities to pursue Indian Dentist in Germany
Here is a list of top universities you can pursue in Indian Dentist in Germany.
- Philips University of Marburg
- Rheinisch – Westfälische Techn. Hochschule, Aachen
- University of Berlin
- University of Bonn
- University of Cologne
- University of Erlangen
- University of Frankfurt
- University of Freiburg
- University of Göttingen
- University of Greifswald
- University of Halle
- University of Hamburg
- University of Hannover
- University of Heidelberg
- University of Homburg
- University of Jena
- University of Leipzig
- University of Mainz
- University of Regensburg
- University of Rostock
- University of Tübingen
- University of Wurzburg
- Westphalian Wilhelms-University of Münster
- Heinrich-Heine-University Duesseldorf
Advantages of being a Dentist in Germany
For well-skilled dentists and researchers of the field, Germany offers excellent remuneration, unmatched infrastructure to practice and prosper, a well-entrenched tie-up with industries devoted to medical research, social stability, and respect, among others. You can be employed in state-run hospitals, or with partner practices, or you could even start your own practice in medicine.
So, now you have a clearer idea about the opportunities, the process, and the perks of being a dentist in Germany. If you prepare carefully, beginning with the language, you could end up as a specialist in any of the leading German hospitals or be on your way to a successful dental practice in a beautiful city.
How to find a job as a Dentist in Germany
- The first step to starting your career as a dentist in Germany is finalizing the city or region where you wish to practice and acquainting yourself with the rules and regulations there. Once you are clear about the region, you need to get in touch with the concerned authorities for accurate information.
- There are many credible authorities at the state level in the region who will help you with all the documentation and answer your queries. For e.g., the institution of Health Services Authorities is one such credible institution that has all the information a migrant dentist might require.
- Apart from that, the local chambers of dentists also provide comprehensive information at regional and at times, a countrywide level. You could also go through the detailed list of job exchange opportunities that The Federal Employment Agency of Germany provides, to see if there are any opportunities in dentistry that match your skill sets. You may also contact the German Dental Association for opportunities and requirements. Please keep in mind that knowledge of the German language is a necessity for you to kick starts your career through Approbation.